CRACKED HEELS/HEEL FISSURES
Linear cuts or fissures appear on heels and in between toes and may even bleed if they are deep. These are quite painful.
- Poor hygiene
- Ill-fitting footwear
- Excessive pressure on the feet pads
- Deficiency of zinc and omega 3 fatty acids in the body
- Dry skin or Xerosis
- Red and flaky patches on heels and feet.
- Peeling cracked skin
- Bleeding from the cracks
- Apply lemon juice on the cracks, soak for 10 to 15 minutes and then exfoliate with a soft brush.
- Apply glycerine to which some rose water has been added and leave it overnight.
- Apply ghee or any vegetable oil after washing the feet clean and dry. Wear a pair of socks and leave it overnight.
- Mash a ripe banana and add little coconut milk or coconut oil. Apply lavishly on the cracks and leave it for 15 minutes before washing it off.
- Melt paraffin wax or bee wax; add mustard oil or coconut oil. Let it cool and then store it in a bottle. Apply this daily at night, wear thick socks and leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning. continue for 15 to 20 days for good results.
- Keep your feet soaked in warm water to which common salt and an antiseptic solution has been added for 15 to 20 minutes. Then scrub lightly and wash it off. Dry it clean and apply an antifungal talcum powder.
- Cocoa butter cream applied regularly helps to control and cure the cracks.