There is nothing more of a danger of having a health problem that slowly makes you lose your self-esteem. The skin tags (acrochordons) that appear around the nose, armpits, upper chest areas, groin area, lower parts of the breast, and the neck are not always a welcome scenario. Skin tags are not generally harmful but make embarrassing and one may eventually lose their self-worth as well as their self-esteem. The skin-colored raising, which hangs of the body’s skin is of different sizes. They are either small or big. While seeing a dermatologist is one such great and recommended an approach to getting rid of skin tags, there are healthy and effective home remedies for skin tags one can use to get rid of this benign growth, which makes the skin look ugly.
Causes of Skin Tags
Skin tags occur when blood vessels and collagens accumulate in the thicker part of the skin. The accumulation occurs in the areas of the skin where folds and creases are common. The major cause of the accumulation is usually the constant rubbing of the skin. Skin tags are always common on people who suffer from the following conditions.
- The Human Papilloma Virus, the major virus known to cause warts
- People suffering from diabetes
- The obese group
- People with scratches on the skin due to constant shaving
Symptoms of Skin Tags
- Skin tags are harmful at times, so you will feel the pain
- You see them on the neck, the breast, and nose
- Irregular in shape
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Skin Tags
1. Aloe Vera
One of the longest survival herbs of the Egyptians, it is no doubt that aloe Vera performs distinctly when it comes to treatment of various conditions. With Aloe Vera, you get a three-front battle on the skin tags, reaping heavily from its anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and healing properties.
- Get a fresh and succulent stem of one then slice it to expose the juicy component.
- Apply the juice directly to the skin tag, massaging softly around the spot in a circular motion.
- Let it stay for several minutes to allow absorption then wash it off.
2. Garlic Oil
Garlic oil may seem like a common kitchen ingredient, but remember those cloves of garlic you have been trampling on are the secret to a smooth skin. Garlic has immense benefit when it comes to cosmetic and medical purposes, so you have all you need to get a good skin with it.
- Crush two cloves for every five tags until you make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste directly to the tag then cover with a bandage or a clean cloth.
- Allow it to stay overnight then wash the place.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is probably one of the best home remedies for treating skin tags. The acid here goes down to destroying the extra set of cells that comprise the skin tag, then removes them from your skin to give you back the flat skin you need.
- Dip a piece of cotton or a clean cloth in apple cider vinegar then apply to the specific tags.
- The skin may feel a slight stinging sensation that will die off after a few minutes.
- Leave the tag for four to five hours then rinse it with warm water.
- Doing this on a daily basis, or several times a day will give you the results.
4. Castor Oil
This oil is effective in dissolving unnecessary forms of growth on the skin the wiping them off without leaving any scar behind. Castor oil also comes with a good bunch of nutrients that nourish and keep your skin healthy, moisturized, smooth and glowing.
Mix two spoonful of baking soda with an equal amount of castor oil to form a uniform paste.
Apply the paste on a skin tag, cover it with a bandage then allow it to stay overnight before rinsing with warm water.
5. Tea Tree Oil
The acidic nature of this oil is the driving factor behind its effectiveness when it comes to treating skin tags and other growths on the skin.
- Using a soft cotton or clean piece of cloth, rub the oil directly on the skin tag while you massage in a circular manner.
- Allow the massage skin tag to stay for several hours, preferably four to five then wash off with plenty of clean water.
6. Oregano Oil
This oil has antiseptic properties that come in handy when drying off the skin tags. It is loaded with a number of nutritious elements that keep your skin supple and elastic all day long.
- Mix two spoons of coconut oil with a similar quantity of oregano oil.
- Apply the mixture directly on the tag, gently rubbing it to ensure effective absorption.
- Leave for five to ten minutes then wash off with clean water or preferably warm water.
- Repeating the procedure at least twice a day will give better results.
7. Pineapple Juice
Tasty to the skin and nutritious to the body, pineapple juice has more to offer. It is especially a useful component when you need you resistant tags to take off for a week or two, so never doubt this medication.
- Slice off a small portion of your pineapple and squeeze out the juice until a quarter a half is available.
- Apply the juice to the very spot either with your finger or with a soft cloth.
- Allow the juice to stay for several hours, preferably overnight and then wash with warm water.
8. Lemon Juice
Lemon Juice is a common herb in herbal medications, but it also shows up as a favorable candidate when you need to get back your flawless skin. Lemon juice is normally bitter and only a few people can stand its pure content going down their throat, but worry not, here it goes to your tag rather than your tongue.
- Slice a lemon fruit then squeeze the juice into a cup.
- Apply the resulting juice to the tag and allow it to stay for several hours before washing it off.
This ranks highly when you need a speedy recovery from skin tags, but you will have to walk around with the potato on your skin
- Slice a white potato open then hold the sliced end to the skin tag.
- Use a bandage or piece of cloth to hold it in position for several hours before you pull it off and wash the point.
- Repeating this in a week should get you back the best results.
10. Banana Peel
While some people indicate that bananas may have a fattening effect when you eat them in plenty, they still have something to offer away from such suggestions. The abundance of essential minerals in this fruits is what makes it an effective treatment for your disturbing tags.
Slice a banana peel and place the sliced point in contact with the skin tag, hold it in place and have it overnight before washing off your skin with clean water.
Dos and Don’ts of Skin Tag Removal
- Always try the best you can to stick only to natural methods of skin tag removal
- Be careful about available Skin Tag Removal Creams. Consult before putting any to use.
- If none of the home remedies you are using works best for you, it would be best to consult your doctor. He or she can help to remove the skin tags safely until there is none left on the skin.
- Use only sterilized equipment to remove skin tags, but only under the guidance of your doctor.
- Observe the skin tendency such as color changes that the tags bring to your skin before applying any home remedies.
- Choose a suitable remedy among the many options provided you and stick only to that one. It is okay if you want to switch from one to another but quite unnecessary to a larger extent.
- Use the remedy regularly. This is something you must do if you want to get rid of the skin tags within the shortest time possible.
- You should never remove the skin tags on your own if it is too large. Try consulting with your physician instead.
- Never use any fingernail polish if you have skin tags.
- Never try excision on your own. Let your doctor do it for you. Even if you feel that you can get a scalpel easily to cut the skin tag, it would be great if you consulted your doctor first on this one.
- You should not use the method of electrolysis to get rid of the skin tags. Electrolysis is somewhat a complicated procedure that needs only the attention of a well-trained doctor.
- Do not use liquid nitrogen to remove the skin tags. Only a doctor or a dermatologist can administer this one