MOUTH ULCER is also known as Stomatitis. Stomatitis is nothing but inflammation of the mucous membrane lining inside of the cheeks, lips or on the floor of the mouth. It is a result of an infection and is painful. Ulcers may form on the gums and in between teeth too. The most common cause of mouth ulcers may be constipation or other stomach disorders. It is quite common for adults and children as well. Stock your home with these natural home remedies for mouth ulcers.
Causes of Mouth Ulcer
- Indigestion and defective functioning of the stomach
- Poor oral hygiene
- Nutritional deficiency especially of B complex vitamins
Symptoms of Mouth ulcer
- Difficulty in masticating and swallowing of food
- Excessive salivation
- Coated tongue, redness of mouth, bad breath.
- Reduced appetite
Home Remedies of Mouth Ulcer
- A tablespoon of lemon juice taken daily before meals helps digestion and cures stomatitis.
- Gargle with warm water to which lemon juice has been added.
- Every two hours, gargle mouth with warm water to which common salt and a pinch of baking soda have been added.
- Gargling mouth with warm water in which little alum has been dissolved.
- The concentrated solution of Phitkari may be applied on the ulcerated mouth for relief.
- Chew a teaspoon of cumin seeds and keep it in your mouth for a while. The juice is very soothing and helps in curing the condition.
Herbs used to cure Mouth Ulcer:-
- Mulethi Powder-It is best consumed with water or with some honey.
- Triphala :- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of Triphala with 1 cup of water to make a decoction. Gargle with it once a day.
- Mishri and Camphor:- Grind 8 grams mishri with 1 gram of camphor and apply this powder on the sores.
- Aloe Vera Juice:- Drink aloe vera juice a couple of times in the day to get relief
- Tulsi Leaves:- Chew some fresh leaves and drink water to swallow them. They might be a bit bitter but it really works.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Mouth Ulcer
- Khadiradi vati
- Lavangadi Vati
- Praval Bhasam