Hypertension is one of the major causes of disability and death all over the world. Hypertension causes heart attacks, strokes, kidney failures and other disorder if it is neglected and remains untreated. In many cases, hypertension does not cause any symptoms until it causes complications such as heart attack and stroke and plays a role of a silent killer in the body. So it is important to realize that you may have high blood pressure and the only way to find it out that get your blood pressure checked at regular intervals.
Symptoms of Hypertension:
- Pain experienced at the back of the head and neck on waking up, which soon disappears.
- Heart pain
- Frequent urination
- Nervous tension
- Difficulty in Breathing
Causes of Hypertension:
- Stress and hectic lifestyle.
- Smoking and an excessive intake of intoxicants
- Hardening of the arteries
- Metabolic disorders
- Excessive intake of common table salt
- Overloading of fast foods
Ayurvedic Diet for Hypertension:
- Avoid meat, eggs, and salt
- Reduce protein intake
- Eats Vegetables: Garlic, lemon, parsley,
- Fruits: Indian Gooseberry, Grapefruit, watermelon,
- Dairy: Milk, Cottage cheese, clarified butter.
- Coffee, which contains caffeine, enhances the action of adrenaline and noradrenaline and both are important in increasing blood pressure levels.
- Limit sodium in the diet.
- Cigarette smokers tend to have high blood pressure. Nicotine increases the resting heart rate and increases the release of the adrenaline.
Home Remedies for Hypertension:
Garlic or Rasona is most important substance helpful in alleviating vata dosha controlling blood pressure. Garlic lowers cholesterol and triglyceride that have an impact on heart disease. A paste made of about 1 gm of garlic should be mixed with a glass of buttermilk. Drink this buttermilk twice a day. It will bring your blood pressure down. Read more about garlic
Eating 2/3 raw clove of garlic (prior to soaking it in buttermilk) on empty stomach in the morning will correct any vitiation of vata dosha and will help to lower your blood pressure.
Powder of ‘Triphala’ should be taken regularly at night with warm water. This will help maintain constipation and bowels will remain clean.Read more about Triphala.
Soak 1tsp fenugreek seed in water for a night and munch them early in the morning on empty stomach. It will reduce your cholesterol and excess fats.
Herbs For hypertension
If you master the techniques of keeping your blood pressure down, you have much less chance of having hypertension later and you are less likely of having fatty -cholesterol deposits in your arteries. Even though you have normal blood pressure, you can benefit yourself with a simple adjustment in lifestyle.